This simple Lasagna Roll Ups dinner recipe is made with lasagna noodles full of two varieties of cheeses, garlic and contemporary basil. Topped with marinara sauce and melted cheese!
A FUN ALTERNATIVE TO REGULAR LASAGNA
These lasagna roll ups are a household favourite. They serve up so simply so everybody will get their very own particular person roll ups and they’re a bit much less messy than your conventional lasagna. This recipe may be put collectively pretty shortly. The longest a part of the method is simply ready for the lasagna noodles to boil. The opposite bonus to this recipe is it freezes rather well!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
In fact! Simply brown and crumble a pound of floor meat or Italian sausage. You may add some onions and inexperienced peppers in there too if you happen to like. Season the meat with a little bit of salt and pepper. After you’ve laid down the ricotta cheese combination onto every noodle, sprinkle among the meat combination onto every noodle and press it down a bit so it sticks into the cheese. Then roll up and proceed with the remainder of the recipe. When you have any further meat. Simply combine it with the remaining marinara and unfold on high of all of the rolls.
Sure! You may add one 10 ounce package deal of frozen spinach that has been thawed and squeeze dried or a handful of contemporary spinach.
You may really place these actually tightly collectively right into a 9×9-inch baking dish or unfold them out in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Leftovers needs to be saved in a coated container within the fridge for as much as 3 days. You may as well wrap it effectively (to forestall freezer burn) and it’ll maintain within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR THE FULL RECIPE)
- lasagna noodles – It’s essential that you don’t overcook these. In the event that they get tremendous mushy, they may collapse as you attempt to roll them up. Cook dinner in accordance with package deal instructions till al dente.
- ricotta cheese – I don’t advocate substituting with cottage cheese right here. I like cottage cheese in numerous lasagna model recipes however cottage cheese is extra “moist’ than ricotta so it’s going to wish to squish out a lot simpler than ricotta and also you may discover it fairly tough to roll up and maintain the filling in.
- shredded mozzarella cheese – I simply use store-bought pre-shredded cheese however you’ll be able to actually grate it contemporary. You should use as little or as a lot cheese as you take pleasure in.
- minced garlic – jarred or contemporary garlic is ok. When you have time, mince it up contemporary.
- contemporary basil – I used contemporary basil right here however you don’t must. You should use about 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning or 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil.
- marinara/pasta sauce – my favourite is Rao’s roasted garlic pasta sauce. It provides a lot taste to this dish. However I do know it may be fairly dear so simply go together with what you take pleasure in and/or can afford. You may as well make it from scratch with my recipe right here. Moreover, if you happen to like numerous sauce, go forward and buy a bigger jar.
HOW TO MAKE LASAGNA ROLL UPS:
Boil lasagna noodles and prepare dinner simply till mushy sufficient for rolling. Whereas noodles are cooking, combine collectively ricotta, garlic, basil, black pepper and one cup shredded mozzarella cheese. At this level you can begin preheating your oven to 350F levels.
Take away the noodles from the water (letting them drip for a couple of seconds) then lay them out facet by facet on a clear floor. Unfold the ricotta cheese combination evenly on high of every of the 9 noodles. Roll up every noodle, making an attempt to ensure nothing squeezes out within the course of.
Unfold round one cup of the marinara sauce into the underside of an 11×7-inch baking dish. Then place every roll seam facet down on high of the sauce. Cowl rolls with the remainder of the marinara.
Then sprinkle remaining cup of mozzarella cheese. Observe: you’ll be able to add as a lot cheese as you take pleasure in. Cowl dish loosely with foil and bake at 350F levels for about 25 minutes till warmed by and cheese is melted. When totally cooked, take away from oven and high with contemporary chopped basil.
Permit them to chill slight then take pleasure in with some garlic bread and a facet salad!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Initially revealed : Could 2015
Photographs up to date and republished: November 2023
Stop your display from going darkish
Boil lasagna noodles and prepare dinner simply till al dente. Observe: observe the package deal instructions for make the lasagna noodles which incorporates salting the water. You do not need the noodles too mushy or they will not maintain collectively whereas rolling up.
Whereas noodles are cooking, combine collectively ricotta, garlic, basil, black pepper, and one cup shredded mozzarella cheese in a bowl. At this level, go forward and begin preheating your oven to 350F levels.
Take away noodles from the water (allow them to drip for a couple of seconds) and lay out facet by facet on a clear floor.
Divide the ricotta cheese combination evenly and unfold the combination down the center of every of the 9 lasagna noodles. Go away a slight border across the edges.
Roll up every noodle, doing all your greatest to ensure nothing squeezes out within the course of.
Unfold round one cup marinara sauce within the backside of a 11×7-inch casserole dish.
Then place every roll seam facet down into the dish.
Cowl the rolls with the remaining marinara sauce
Lastly, high with remaining mozzarella cheese.
Cowl dish loosely with foil and bake at 350F levels for about 25 minutes till warmed by and cheese is melted.
When totally cooked, take away from oven and high with extra contemporary chopped basil. Permit to chill barely earlier than serving.
- Please seek advice from my FAQ’s and ingredient checklist above for different substitutions or for the solutions to the commonest questions.
- Don’t have an 11×7-inch dish? You may in all probability place these actually shut collectively and match it right into a 9×9 or it really works in a 9×13-inch dish as effectively (they’ll simply be extra unfold out.)
- As an alternative of contemporary basil, attempt some Italian seasoning. Use about 1/2 teaspoon. Or you should use dried basil (additionally 1/2 teaspoon.)
- My favourite sauce to make use of is Rao’s. The roasted garlic taste goes amazingly effectively with this dish.
- If you need extra sauce, simply use a bigger jar of sauce. Identical goes for the mozzarella cheese; use as little or as a lot as you want.
Energy: 641kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 35g | Fats: 29g | Saturated Fats: 17g | Ldl cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 940mg | Potassium: 616mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1395IU | Vitamin C: 7.3mg | Calcium: 566mg | Iron: 2.5mg
“The Nation Cook dinner” isn’t a dietician or nutritionist, and any dietary data shared is an estimate. If calorie rely and different dietary values are essential to you, we advocate working the substances by whichever on-line dietary calculator you favor. Energy and different dietary values can range fairly a bit relying on which manufacturers have been used.