This straightforward blueberry galette is the right dessert to bake when recent summer time blueberries are in season or any time of the yr. Utilizing refrigerated pie dough makes it even quicker!
Making a blueberry galette is easier than a blueberry pie or tart because it’s mainly a free-form pie and not using a pie dish. I like how fuss-free this rustic dessert is. The blueberries are tossed with lemon and lemon zest and flippantly sweetened with monk fruit or sugar. It’s each bit as scrumptious as a home made pie however a lot simpler. If you wish to make this fruit galette over-the-top good, serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! For a savory galette, you’ll love this summer time tomato galette.
What’s a blueberry galette?
A blueberry galette is a candy free-form pastry with a blueberry filling baked on a sheet pan. You can also make this with any berries you want. Strive it with a mixture of blueberries, blackberries and raspberries for a variation. There are additionally savory galettes with greens.
Is galette dough the identical as pie dough?
A galette makes use of the identical kind of dough that’s used for a pie, it’s simply bakes totally different. A galette is baked on a baking sheet, and the perimeters of the dough are folded up over the filling. A pie is made in a round pie plate, with the dough going up the perimeters of the dish. A pie generally has a second pie crust on high of the filling.
Blueberry Galette Elements
- Pie Dough: I made this blueberry galette recipe with Pillsbury pie dough, however any model will work. And if you wish to make your individual home made pie crust recipe, go for it.
- Sweetener: I used monk fruit sweetener, which has zero energy and fewer carbs than sugar, however you can too substitute granulated sugar or turbinado sugar.
- Lemon: You’ll want two teaspoons of lemon zest and two tablespoons lemon juice.
- Flour: Combine the blueberries with all-purpose flour or cornstarch, it will maintain the galette from getting soggy and can make thicken the sauce.
- Blueberry combination: If recent blueberries are in season, positively use them! If not, frozen blueberries will work too.
- Egg Wash: Beat one egg white or entire egg to brush on the crust.
Easy methods to Make a Blueberry Galette
- Prep: Line a big baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 375°F. Take the dough out of the fridge and let it sit whilst you put together the blueberries.
- Galette Filling: Combine the monk fruit or sugar, lemon zest, and flour in a big bowl. Fold within the blueberries and lemon juice and let stand for quarter-hour.
- Galette Dough: Roll out the pie dough to a 13-inch spherical with a rolling pin about 1/8-inch thick on a flippantly floured floor. Fold the pastry in half and switch it to the ready baking sheet.
- Type the Galette: Spoon the blueberries into the middle of the dough, leaving a 1 ½-border. Fold the border up and over the blueberries. Brush the egg white on the pastry and sprinkle with a number of pinches of sweetener.
- Bake the galette for 40 to 50 minutes till the pastry is golden brown and the blueberry filling begins to bubble. Switch the baking sheet to a cooling rack and let it cool till heat. Minimize into eight wedges with a pastry cutter and serve heat or at room temperature.
Easy methods to Retailer a Galette
Cowl leftovers with plastic wrap and refrigerate for as much as 5 days, you possibly can eat chilly or reheat to heat it up.
Extra Blueberry Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 wedge
Line a big baking sheet with parchment paper. Take the dough out of the fridge and package deal to take the coolness out.
Preheat the oven to 375F.
Make the filling:
In a bowl, whisk the ¼ cup of monk fruit or sugar, lemon zest and flour. Fold within the blueberries and lemon juice and blend nicely to coat; let it stand for quarter-hour.
Put together the dough:
On a flippantly floured work floor, roll out the pastry to a 13-inch spherical about 1/8 inch thick.
Fold the pastry in half and switch it to the ready baking sheet.
Spoon the blueberries within the heart of the pastry, leaving a 11/2-inch border throughout.
Fold the pastry border up and over the blueberries, pleating it as wanted. Brush the egg white on the pastry and sprinkle with a number of pinches of sweetener.
Bake within the heart of the oven for about 40 to 45 minutes, till the pastry is golden brown and the blueberry filling begins to bubble.
Switch the baking sheet to a rack and let it cool to heat. Minimize into 8 wedges and serve heat or at room temperature.
Please depart a score and remark letting us know the way you appreciated this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 wedge, Energy: 155 kcal, Carbohydrates: 31 g, Protein: 2.5 g, Fats: 6.5 g, Saturated Fats: 2.5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 5 mg, Sodium: 137.5 mg, Fiber: 2 g, Sugar: 7.5 g