This straightforward egg salad recipe is the right make-ahead dish for breakfast on toast, for lunch in a wrap, lettuce wrap, over salad or a slice of bread. Typically I simply eat it with a spoon proper out of the fridge!
Finest Egg Salad Recipe
I meal prep a batch of this egg salad virtually each week! It’s such a simple, reasonably priced, high-protein and nice for breakfast or lunch. Make an egg salad sandwich on toast, a bagel, in lettuce wraps or eat it with a spoon! I make a batch of Instantaneous Pot Laborious Boiled Eggs (the shells come off really easy) or Air Fryer Laborious Boiled Eggs, or you should use this range high Laborious Boiled Eggs technique.
- Funds Pleasant: Making it from scratch saves much more cash!
- Simple: Simply boil the eggs, peel and blend with the remaining components.
- Make Forward: Make it as soon as for meals to eat all through the week.
- Quick: Takes lower than half-hour to make.
- Suits many dietary restrictions: gluten-free, low-carb, excessive protein, keto pleasant
This easy salad has solely 7 components. Right here’s what you’ll want!
- Boiled Eggs: Use giant eggs, ideally Natural and humanely raised in case your funds permits.
- Mayo: You need to use common or gentle mayo. If following Whole30 for those who use compliant mayonnaise such home made or this mayo by Primal Kitchen.
- Scallions or Chives finely chopped
- Spices: Candy paprika, salt, black pepper
How To Make Egg Salad
- Begin by boiling the eggs. You are able to do this on the range, on the spot pot and even the air fryer!
- As soon as cooked, run them below chilly water and peel the eggs.
- Use an egg slice or a knife and chop the cooked eggs.
- Mix the cooked eggs in a bowl with mayonnaise, pink or inexperienced onion, salt, pepper and stir, and garnish with paprika.
- Eat instantly or refrigerate till able to eat.
What Do You Put In Your Egg Salad?
I hold my salad fairly easy, just a little mayonnaise, pink onion, salt, pepper, paprika and a few chives, for garnish. Right here’s some variations:
- Add pickle juice or diced pickles for further taste
- Swap half the mayo for Greek yogurt to make it lighter
- Embody some veggies like chopped celery or carrots for texture
- Add some Dijon mustard for taste
- Add some further protein akin to diced cooked shrimp, it’s delish!
- Substitute pink onion for scallions
- Swap the chives for different contemporary herbs like contemporary dill or contemporary parsley
- Strive including a number of capers
Methods To Serve
- Make a sandwich in your favourite bread or bagel
- Serve it in a lettuce wrap or tortilla
- Serve it over lettuce and backyard greens
- Eat it with a spoon!
This can final within the fridge in an hermetic container 4 to five days.
Extra Laborious Boiled Egg Recipes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Measurement: 1 /2 cup
Please depart a score and remark letting us understand how you appreciated this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 /2 cup, Energy: 185 kcal, Carbohydrates: 1 g, Protein: 9.5 g, Fats: 15.5 g, Saturated Fats: 3.5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 282 mg, Sodium: 215.5 mg, Sugar: 2 g
Photograph Credit score: Jess Larson